Skip to main content

My week in review (week 36)



Week 36 has ended successfully, to God’s glory and this is what I learnt:

1.   Sometimes, all you have and need is a pure heart
Some years ago, I thought King David was boastful in some of his Psalms because of how he would be ‘praising’ himself about his clear intentions and good heart. Now that I am older, by God’s grace, I understand so well that he was in no way boasting. I have come to a place where when people and even the enemy (the accuser) try to accuse me of any wrongdoing, I gently tell myself that the Lord knows my heart and He knows the intentions with which I have taken certain actions. You know what this does for me, it releases me from the burden of harboring pain or trying so hard to let them see me. Sometimes, we encounter friends and other people who may find fault with everything we do, although we may have done nothing wrong (per our motives). 

2.   A close shave is a very real statement
On Tuesday, I survived what could have been a serious road accident. I was seated at the front of a trotro (local name for a public transport by bus) when the driver run us into one of these huge tracks. I just know that the Lord saved us…on so many levels. I know t could have been worse. I came out with no cuts just severe pain on (or in) the leg. Of course, there is that swelling I am finding it hard to massage: I can’t really stand the pain. It is well. What did this teach me? I need a car…haha. But on a more serious note, I must realise that my being saved does not make me any better than those who have perished in similar situations. This could have been the end for me. There are so many things which could have happened. What if the trotro driver hadn’t put in a little brake in the nick of time and was still stepping on the accelerator? God saved me and I cannot thank Him enough.

3.   Cry out to God
I keep saying that for me, healing comes when I physically cry. Have you ever been so battered by life in a way that your senses steadily become cold and you almost feel nothing? I find myself in that place and it’s been hard to rend my heart before the Lord although inwardly, I am balling my eyes out, beneath the many activities, to God.  It is that kind of state where you just cannot find the words to express what is really going on with you although in your heart of hearts, you are just crying. Remember last week’s update concerning the books I bought? Well, one of the books I purchased is titles, “ABBA’S CHILD” by Brennan Manning. I started this book and one chapter led me to write out my prayer. Finally, physical tears came. Initially, I was even shocked because I had become so numb. I have been a dying woman walking but the thing is it is very easy to confuse movement for progress so what can man do? Sometimes I wonder if my default setting of seeing the positive in every situation has caused a slight detachment from reality. For a while, I have been a dying woman walking but despite all these, I know I am on a journey and I will share the fruits of it when harvest comes.

4.   Do not let your gift be a burden unto others
The space I find myself in makes it difficult for me to expound on this lesson as much as I want to. All I want to say is that whatever gift the Lord has placed in your hands, please make sure that it blesses humanity and does not cause any form of pain or bitterness. His gifts are gifts unto us, which means that freely have they been given. But His Spirit, Who brings life to every gift, may depart and we may never know. Therefore, whatever we do, as ministers (in whichever form) we must always ask ourselves: am I being difficult just because men have placed a demand on my anointing?

What has this week taught you? Care to share?

Love,
Sharing Life.

Comments

  1. Wow, its been amazing reading these. But didn't know you(sharing life) was on a weekly post update (I feel I've missed [smiles]). But i pray may the healing process of Jehovah Rapha cause a great testimony in you to many.

    With my week, though not ended, i feel like, no matter what happens, God knows best, and He puts what He shows us in-front of us so we don't get battered by the difficulties of today, His Visions shown me (us).
    Signed: Erasmus Tettey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us