Skip to main content

My journey with Holy Spirit

This might probably be the longest I will ever publish.
Here we go...

Senior High School

I started my relationship with Holy Spirit in St. Louis Senior High School. At that time, my father was going through a bit of a struggle and I didn't want to be a burden to him. I had made a terrible decision to combine my chopbox with a friend's and when my provisions finished, I couldn't call home. I was sad and I remembered that daddy had told me that if I ever wanted to change and be a better human, I should start by reading the "Book of Proverbs". 
I came across Wisdom and I prayed for that Friendship and then someway somehow, I believed that I was never alone and that I had a Friend with me and that was when I starting fellowshiping with Holy Spirit.    

Prior to this, I remember when I was in class 6, I heard Someone share His heart with me. He asked me, "Why is it that when people have problems, they tell their friends about it and then their friends give them bad advice and then they come to me when things go bad?" I remember that question so well and I will never forget it. I didn't see Who asked that question. I didn't hear a voice like you would if I had called you. But, I heard Him and I knew it was Him and not me. I knew it was the Lord even when I didn't know Him...but my spirit did. I believe my spirit has always been in tune with His. My spirit has been His from the very beginning. 

I knew He was with me in the times when I was crying in the woods and and pitying myself for my mistakes. I know He was that Friend Who was with me in the darkness when I thought no one saw me. I walked a lot by myself and I prayed (actually talked to Him a lot). I recall how once, a Priest Uncle of mine told me that if I didn't take care, someone would say I was going mad...hahaha Glory to Jesus !!!

Trust me when I say that He stood by my side through it all. When I was appointed as the Head Girl of my school and I didn't know what to do, He led me. He took control. I did nothing. He did everything. My Headmistress praised us for the work. I praise Him because I know I did nothing. He Is my Friend and He helped me. 
When WASSCE came and all others were chasing after questions, He taught me and He helped me maintain my resolve to not cheat. He was with me when others were wailing because of a Physics paper that didn't go well, I was filled with joy even when I knew i wrote nothing. For my final paper, in which I had ten days to prepare for and the one for which I had worked so hard to study for, I went in the exam hall and I went blank. I believed in myself that I had studied and prepared myself adequately. But, I entered and I went totally blank not being able to do a thing. I am learning right now that He never wanted me to do things by my own strength. Lord, have mercy. 

University and the life after

I kept hearing Him direct me. He told me to leave the drama ministry and join the music ministry. I suffered a major attack that led me to denounce God. I know I hurt Him and I know He wanted me to believe that He Is Able to work things out for my good. This singular act put me in a dark place... a very dark place. It is well.
He brought me out from that dark place and I had to learn to trust Him.
Over these years, if there be anything He keeps echoing to me concerning my life and my destiny, it is the simple phrase, "Trust Me".
I am learning to trust Him. 
I am learning to run to Him first.

And now, I am learning what it means to be Partnered with Him. 

I am grateful Jesus. 
😊


Woow! You know what? When I started this post and I stated that it was going to be the longest, I believe I felt Him nudging me that that's not gonna happen. Aaaaand, there you have it.

I pray this piece blessed you enough to BELIEVE that there IS A FRIEND Who sticks closer than a brother.

With love,
Mary Magdalene.

Comments

  1. I don't know what to say, but truly it blessed me. What a friend we have in Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...one more comment, keep journeying and you will be sorted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us