Skip to main content

Day two: why these insecurities?

I have learnt that in life. if you want to feel like an outsider, you will be one.

Whatever goes on inside of us determines our worldview.
It influences our interpretation of the things happening around us.
It influences our interpretation of the motive of others' actions towards us.

I am learning that I need to constantly be conscious of who I am and the power I possess...as a Child of God.
I wield so much power. So much power to the extent that if I allow negativity to settle in my mind and in my heart and within me, I will kill myself before anyone can. 

I went for a wedding last year and there, I felt so insecure and out-of-place. 
I felt like I did not belong to that place. Ohhh I felt so terrible.

At that time, when I questioned my own feelings and why I was feeling that way, I learnt through Holy Spirit's help that I felt that way because I had failed to focus on my worth in Christ Jesus.

I failed to realise that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
I failed to realise that I am the Princess of the King of Kings.
I failed to realise that I am the Daughter of the Most High God.
I failed to realise that I am a goddess. 
I failed to realise that I am a diadem in the Crown of my Father.
I failed to realise that whether I feel like a Princess or not, I always move with my Crown on my Head. Hallelujah!

Because I had lost sight of these truths, I felt inferior and out of place.
But oh, if I had remembered who I truly am, I would have walked with a spring in my step. 
I would have walked confidently and with my head up. 
I would have just been okay with my knowledge that I am Royalty and I have Heaven backing me. Hallelujah!

A week ago, I was in a joint-class when my friend and I noticed that our other counterparts from the other class had separated themselves and their demeanor portrayed to me that they felt out of place (they were few who came to class that day).
It was when we saw their countenance that I told my friend, "If you want to feel like an outsider, you will be one". 

I believe that Holy Spirit Is giving me a top-up to the other lesson He gave me last year. 

Walking home yesterday, He brought to my understanding both yesterday and even now that there will be more occasions where I will be tempted to allow the voice of insecurity to play with my mind. To fight it, I would need to remind myself of Whose I am and who I have become. 

Secondly, to counter the voice of insecurity, I must understand the power that resides on the inside of me and my ability to alter my worldview by taking control of my feelings and my perceptions of why people treat me the way they do.

I can be very hard on myself, sometimes. Due to this, I often in the past, would feel that I was the cause of how distasteful some people related with me. 
But, I am learning to understand that yes, although I may influence how people treat me, I also must realise that some people already have internal issues which influence their actions towards other people and that has nothing to do with me.

Anyway, as God's Child, I should realise that some people can treat me poorly. But, it is my duty to have a good self-image which should have its foundation on Christ. Such a standpoint has the added advantage of influencing my reaction towards such people. 
As I wrote in yesterday's vals day piece, we cannot treat others properly if we don't love ourselves enough to treat ourselves right. 

<Wow. I think I have said a lot of things😁>  

The import of this piece is as follows:

When insecurities and inferiority complexes come knocking on the door of your mind,

1. Remember that you are Child of God. You Are Royalty. Whether you feel like it or not, you always have a crown on your head. Wear it well and be proud of Whose you are and who you have become because of Jesus Christ. 

2. Remember that you have a role in determining what you allow into your mind. You have the power to sabotage the attempts of insecurity. Whatever thought or feeling you permit into your mind will influence you. Take charge and be aware at all times. 

3. Remember that sometimes, people have issues which make them hostile and mean and arrogant and condescending towards other people. You are not the reason for it. It is just that sometimes, they have so much going on within and around them that they spew negativity on anyone they come across. It is not your fault. Please, do not look down on yourself because of this. Rather, be enlightened by Holy Spirit's presence in your life and relate with them in love. With Jesus, all things are possible! All things, my dear, are possible. Hallelujah!!!


With lots of God's love,
Sharing Life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us