Skip to main content

"Thy Kingdom Come"

Today, I share my thoughts on a subject I have been pondering on for close to a year.

The Kingdom of God

A year ago, I believe I heard Daddy tell me to pray that His Kingdom come.

Although I did commit the assignment to prayer, I still did not understand what it meant and in time, I stopped. 

In the Gospels, Jesus Christ talks a lot about the Kingdom of God. In the Lord's prayer, He included it in the prayer when He said, 

"Luke 11:2-4King James Version (KJV)

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." (stress mine)
Today, I decided to read around this to get understanding on this concept. I was listening to a podcast by desiringgod.org and in it, John Piper talked about the Kingdom of God being Daddy's  rule, His lordship and His sovereign governance. 
Upon hearing this, Holy Spirit impressed this on my heart:
Daddy wants to be united with His creation. Daddy wants His original plan of unity between man and Himself to be re-established. Daddy desires us. Daddy wants to be the Lord of our lives. He wants to be our focus. He wants to be the reason behind our smile. He wants to be the reason behind our laughter. He wants our hearts to beat for Him again. He wants us to live, basking in His presence forever. Daddy wants us back.

So, when I pray for His Kingdom to come, I am praying for Daddy's desire to come to pass: His desire to reign in the hearts of His beloved creation. If Jesus Christ came in the form of man and Daddy called Him His beloved, in this state, it means that we (man) are His beloved too. He created us and He found pleasure in us. He created us and He saw us as good.

Praying for His Kingdom to come is praying for the restoration of the broken relationship. The crucifixion of Jesus Christ was critical for this: Jesus Christ paid the price for our union to be complete in Him. Jesus Christ paid the price that kicked satan off the seats of our lives in order that Jesus Christ, Who Is God, would be Lord of our hearts. 

To see change in this world, I need to pray for Daddy's Kingdom to come. 
In effect, His rule will be more evident in this world as the hearts of men are turned to Him. 

After all, that is where Daddy wants to be.  

Blessings,
Mary Magdalene.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th