Skip to main content

I am not a Christian

I gave my life to Jesus in the Senior High School.
Soon afterwards, I was whisked into leadership because I was told that the leaders had received a word from the Lord concerning my nomination. 
I felt I wasn't ready because I was going through some challenges back then. I didn't have self-control when it came to eating and my eating habits were so bad that at a point, my colleague in class and my table-mate embarrassed me pretty well. 
I was told that Daddy had called me, so I went ahead and I accepted the call.

I went to the University and I had this messed up "God-said-you-are-my-wife" relationship that tore me up and led me to denounce God in the process. Then I had the privilege of working for a Reverend Minister who continued to tell me that I needed growth.

I didn't know what that meant...and I sincerely wished someone told me what it meant.
I thought I knew what that meant later on: studying scripture, remembering scripture, keeping a blog, reaching out to people, etc.
But I was wrong.

See, Daddy has been dealing with me on a very deep level...a very deep level.
This partly explains why I have been silent because I don't want to rush on ahead and explain certain events of my life when I haven't come to full understanding of what those seasons or episodes meant.

I was listening to a sermon by Billy Graham titled, "How to live a full-Christian life" and I realised that I haven't been a Christian all my life...for real.

By God's Grace, and through Pastor Billy's sermon, I do accept now that Christianity is a life-long commitment to Jesus Christ. I am not just saying that I am married, but on a real level, I am really married to Him...that is what this commitment means.

And, like any 'serious' relationship, I must MAKE TIME to be with the One I have vowed to be committed to. I see here that it is not about discipline but about a single DECISION to commit and to do everything I can to make sure that there is a sync in Our Spirits. This is very profound for me as I type these words.

As I sit in this swivel chair in the office at 7:14pm, Friday evening, I believe I am okay in this position. 

I see here that this is a matter of perspectives. 
I don't see myself having to discipline myself to be with my husband... it is not a chore that I have to psyche myself mentally for. It is a decision I take to commit no matter what.

I do not know what this single decision will do for me. But, after hearing the stories of many young women who have been in my position, I am hopeful that all things will fall into their proper alignment in time and I will find my Father, find myself, know His voice and find my voice in Him.

Great blessings guys,
Mary Magdalene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th