Skip to main content

Treasure

I woke up happy because I was visiting another church family aside mine.
Missionhouse had a Thanksgiving Service to mark our fifth anniversary celebration.
The Teacher, who is excellent in his ways, taught us excellently well.
I must say, it was a good one.

After church, I decided to pick a bus just so that I could walk from Circle to my home.
Initially, my plan was to pick a taxi but then I decided against it because I wanted to let the church breeze fall on all those I would walk past on my way home.

I boarded the bus and I got to Circle.
…and there, as I walked through the station, in my beautiful kente outfit, I felt ashamed…
I cannot express the depth of shame I felt at that moment.
I had Good News which I had received from church and as beautiful as I looked, I was walking straight home by keeping it to myself.

I felt selfish.
I felt like one who had a great treasure which was grand enough to be shared among many a people but was unwilling to share.
Ohhh… I felt really bad.

So, I began looking for an opening to share this treasure with others… or at least someone.
The station had a lot of people present.
I didn’t know who to start from.
So I asked Holy Spirit, “Please help me, Holy Spirit, to find someone.”
…it was the prayer of my heart...

As I shamelessly walked thtough the station, I got to the foot of the stairway when a young man smiled at me and said, “I like your dress.”

I said to myself, “YES!”

… I quickly returned the smile, genuinely and grateful to Holy Spirit, and engaged him in a conversation.
I asked of his name and where he was heading towards.
He told me his name and added that he worked as a bus conductor.
He said that Sundays are his off-days and so on that fateful day, he was heading to the beach for relaxation.
Then, I asked him whether he knew where his soul would go if he went to the beach and never returned.
Downcast, he answered no…

At that instance I began to share my treasure with him.
Through my personal experience with the saving power of Jesus I shared about how Jesus, the Christ, transformed me and brought His light into my darkness.

I was amazed by his openness and his curiosity.
One question led to another…by this time, we had walked from Circle to my house and back to my junction for him to board a bus back to the place I met him initially

When he was yet to leave, my new friend took a decision to serve Daddy and to channel his talent into glorifying Daddy as well.

Praise Jesus!!!

Not only that, but he also asked whether it would be possible for him to come to church with me on Sunday.

It is Saturday night, I have spoken to him.
He asked that I call him tomorrow.
I pray he stays.

…essentially, I know and believe that Holy Spirit Is The Boss.
He will perform His work according to Daddy’s plan… so I rest in this truth.

I don’t know what tomorrow holds.
…one thing I will do tomorrow is to ask Holy Spirit for His leading tomorrow too.

This treasure Is enough for everyone.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ Is so vast and enough for everyone in this world

Hallelujah!!!

Child of God, you have this treasure too.
…please, share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...