Skip to main content

Perspectives

In the ending of last year, 2016, I was faced with a choice to make.
I was faced with the choice of seeking my happiness or the happiness of God, my Father.
…at that time, seeking my happiness felt like it was what was going to make Daddy happy… simply because it made me happy.
I felt that the joy of Daddy was in seeing me happy and so, I wanted to run with my desire of personal happiness.
Then there was the choice of seeking the happiness of Daddy.
I knew the other option was and still is what Daddy wanted of me but at that time, I felt I couldn’t take it. I felt like I was ‘done!!!’ and I couldn’t hold on any longer.
…I cried…
So, I decided to pursue my happiness, believing that Daddy was in on it.
I am very grateful to God that in my frustration, Holy Spirit led me to cry to Him.
I believe strongly that because I went to Him, to vent out my pain, He opened my eyes to understand what I am about to share to you today.

Baby, the greatest desire of Our Father is for you to be happy and at peace within yourself.
He loves to see you smile and His heart explodes when He hears your laughter.
He will never seek His happiness at the detriment of your joy, baby.

Daddy taught me that in seeking my own happiness, I have the tendency of focusing only on me. It is selfish…very selfish…but that is not the point.
You see, I do not know the full plan of Daddy and when and how He intends going about them. In seeking my happiness, I do that, oblivious of His masterplan…and that can be costly.

In seeking the happiness of Daddy, He taught me that I am aligning myself to His perfect will which is found within His masterplan. In choosing to seek the happiness of my Father, I am availing myself as a channel wherein and through which His perfect will is established…and this will conforms to His will for this world. See this as me availing myself to be instrumental in His overall plan for the Earth.
Baby, in seeking Father’s happiness, it is beyond you and yet, it is still about you.

And the truth is, that so long as Our Father is happy, nothing can beat the joy…the unspeakable joy that will rest within our hearts.

I am glad He brought me back to see things in perspective.
I am glad that I know that His perfect will is beyond me yet, it is about me.
I am glad that I know that in seeking His happiness, He swells with so much love for me.
I am glad for the Holy Spirit Who never stops leading me and all His set apart ones.

“There is a good way and there is the Excellent way.
The good way is oftentimes our (man’s) way; the way of our good intentions.
The excellent way is the way of the Spirit, carved out of the will of Our Father in Heaven.”
-Marlene (19/12/16)
I pray for you today, that in all your ways, you will seek after that which pleases Daddy…what makes Him happy. For therein, lies your happiness, baby.

God bless you!

He IS crazy about you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th