Skip to main content

LOOKING UNTO JESUS

I have come to know that the goal of the body, soul and spirit of any man must be to consciously or intentionally or deliberately be tuned into focusing on Jesus Christ. I was privileged to sit under the word ministration of a preacher some time ago who brought my mind to the life of the early Christians who were so focused on the return of Jesus Christ, so much so, that they greeted each other with ‘Maranatha’ which means ‘Come Jesus come’.

I cannot vividly recall all that was said; but I do know that after the service, I kept on pondering over the word.

Prior to that encounter though, I had been brooding over the issue of relationships (specifically the love relationship between a man and a woman). I was asking myself, “What does it take for a lady(me) to prepare herself to enter into a love relationship with a man?” I believe with no trace of doubt that I heard the Spirit of God tell me, “Prepare to meet Jesus Christ”. At that time, He was teaching me about the relationship between Christ and His Church and how it applies to our earthly love relationships (you will find this in one of the posts titled “Christ and my beloved… where’s the sync???”).

The Holy Spirit was teaching me that the more I allow myself to be molded in character and the more I avail myself to be groomed in spirit, the more I make myself ready for the coming of Jesus Christ. The more I avail myself to be formed into the bride without spot or wrinkle, the more I wash myself in the Blood of Christ, the more I am being prepared for the coming of Jesus Christ.

He showed me that in my preparation for Christ’s coming, He was growing in me virtues and fruits which would make me more like Christ; the Holy Spirit showed me that as I look unto Jesus, I would be transformed into the image of Christ and thereby attract a man after His very heart. So, my question was answered and it made a lot of sense… it still does. Thank You Jesus!

I am learning that this world will consistently try to bring us down in so many ways and at times, even cause us to feel inadequate and even insecure. Nonetheless, I see that the more we look to Jesus, the more our inner beings are being transformed into His image and likeness.

All these lessons occurred even before I came across St. Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians, chapter 3 verse 18 which reads in the Amplified version…
 And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit.
This Scripture text was a confirmation to me of what the Holy Spirit had told me earlier (as you read above).

My dear, you and I have heard a lot of people talk about Jesus Christ and His very essence in the life of every individual. We have heard of the life-changing testimonies from others about the sharp turnaround they have experienced after accepting His Lordship.

You have heard about the Holy Spirit and His importance in this earthly voyage. You have read Sharing Life’s posts and read always about the work of the Holy Spirit.

Baby, there is a lot about you that the Lord wants to fix. The Lord desires that you exhibit royalty in every sense of the word.
The Lord desires that you glow in His Excellence.
There is so much He desires for you to have.
My question is…

Will you let Jesus Christ into your life?
Will you give Him a place in your heart?
Will you grant His Holy Spirit the chance to befriend you?
Baby trust me, He is the BEST FRIEND ANYONE CAN HAVE!!!
He is the Sweetest and Ever-Kindest.
From the Scripture reference you see it clearly stated to prove that it is the work of the Holy Spirit to transform us into the image of Christ. 

I am not sweet-talking you or using writer’s license to deceive you; I am only telling you the truth of what I have experienced.
Baby, please… give Jesus a chance.

God bless you greatly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us