Skip to main content

DAY TWENTY: INTERCESSION: LUKEWARM SOULS

Wooow, it is day twenty already!

We bless God for how far He has brought SHARING LIFE.

We are interceding for lukewarm souls today.

Shall we open our Bibles to Revelations 3:15-16

 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

After reading such a text, one might say that Our Lord was being very harsh in His message to the Church of the Laodiceans.
Reading further down to verse 19, He tells us His reason for His earlier statement:

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

You see, it is never the intention of God to make us feel bad.
Jesus Christ loves us so much and wants to call us to Himself.
The unfortunate thing is, some of us have heeded to this call but are still looking back to all the 'good' but falsehood the world offers. 

Shall we reflect on our lives this very moment.

Let us ask ourselves: are we living as hot people or cold people?

What makes you hot?
1. You live life with the one-audience mentality.
The one-audience mentality is the kind where you live to please only one person: that is God Almighty.

2. You allow the will of God to manifest in your life.
This you do, by relinquishing your desires and your will to His perfect will.

3. You choose to not be guided by the status-quo of the world, but you dare to live different for the sake of His Glory.

4. You seek to be groomed by The Holy Spirit into becoming like Jesus Christ.


What makes you cold?
1. Your life is centred on living out the expectations of others.

2. You live to find favour in men.

3. You plan out the course of your life and live it out regardless of the means involved in attaining that feat.


What makes you lukewarm?
1. You believe in God, but you are interested in the things of this world.

2. You go to church, you do all the 'churchy' things but after leaving the church building, you put on the garment of the world in all its vices.

3. In order to avoid mockery, you 'leave your Christianity at your doorpost' before you enter your place of work or a gathering of your friends.

Oh yes! The last thing

4. You believe in doing good to others. You do not like bad things happening to good people. You push for peace for all. Yet, God has no place in your heart.

My dear, that is lukewarmness.

Shall we pray:

Father, I am very grateful for the gift of life.
I thank you for loving me enough to bring Your only son Jesus Christ to die for my sins.
I am very sorry for not living a life of total surrender to You.
Holy Spirit, please help me to let go of my will and yield to the Lord's will.
Jesus, I am tired of living by my own strength and goodness.
Make me like Jesus on this Earth.
All to the Glory of Your name.
I love You Lord.
Thank You for loving me unconditionally.

Amen.

May the Holy Spirit, our Helper, guide us to live hot for Jesus.

It's still SHARING LIFE.

Don't forget to share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us