Skip to main content

DAY THIRTY-SEVEN: SERVICE

Hello,

Welcome to our thirty-seventh day.

It's still #SHARINGLIFE.

We reflect on Service today.

A Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ once told me that, my level of service would determine how far the institution I work for would grow.

I was shocked because I couldn't imagine how I could have such influence on an organisation.

Reflecting on what he said, I can say that I understand him.

Service comes with a mindset of putting others first.
It comes with a person deciding to put smiles on the faces of those they encounter.

SERVICE = PUTTING OTHERS FIRST

Now in putting others first, let me say that it comes with Wisdom.

Yes, Wisdom.

As Christians, our lives are mainly acts of service.
This is because God gave us a golden rule to live by: LOVE FOR GOD AND LOVE FOR MAN.

When you love someone, you devote your time to serve them in any means possible.

Now back to the issue of Wisdom.

A friend of mine admonished me in a way that sums up all I want to say regarding the application of Wisdom in Service.

He said to me, "Magdalene, you know that the will of God for your life will always come to pass. It is important that you know when to give God all your time and grow at His feet. Know when you should let go of all the opportunities of service in order for you to learn at His feet.
Never forget that now, you are still a branch. Yes, you can serve others but don't go ahead of God so much that those who come to you see you as a tree when you are still a branch."

He is very right about that.

We need to know what we can do for others.
We must ask the Holy Spirit to show us what we can do and where our limit is.

Sometimes, there is the tendency for us to desire to outdo ourselves and go the extra mile for others.
Search your heart when that intention comes to mind. You would realise that deep within you is the desire to fulfil that need inside of you for human recognition and to take some form of glory- this is for God alone.

Also regarding service to God, let us know that it is God we are serving.
Let us know that it is not a matter of what we want to do for God. On the contrary, it is about what it is that God wants us to do.

Most of us Christian folks find ourselves in this quagmire of focusing on what we want to do for Him that we mostly lose sight of what He is calling us to do.

Sometimes, God just needs you close to Him.
Sometimes, He is calling us to retreat and to fellowship.

Yet, we listen to the commendation of our friends for the good work we've done and we feel that it means we can go further and do more.

It is all about Wisdom and knowing what the Master requires of you.

Shall we pray:

Dear Lord,
We thank You for filling our hearts with the desire to serve You and our neighbours.

Father, in our service please grant us Wisdom to know what to do, how to do it and when to do it.

Jesus, please calm the noise all around us in order for us to hear Your clear and still voice.

Grant us discernment to know when to retreat and when to move ahead.

Holy Spirit please help us to move in step with You.

We love You and we want to serve you diligently.

Help us to put a smile on Your face.

You are all that matters.
Amen.

It's still #SHARINGLIFE.

Don't stop sharing life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us