Skip to main content

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago (link here). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached. 


My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?! 

Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the message of today's post...

There are mountains in this life... and all our striving here on Earth is to attain the highest of heights... be it in career, family, wealth and prosperity, ministry and in life as a whole. 

These are all mountains we want to climb. 

All through childhood, I have always known that there is something very unique about me. 
This is not to blow any horns; I have always known I am destined to do well. 
So much so that I knew that Jesus or not, I would do well in this life. 

Underlining this fact has always been the knowing that if I do choose the way of the world over Jesus, although I and all men would consider it a high, it would be a rather empty one. I know how short-lived the happiness this world gives is. When I wasn't born again, I knew whatever form of joy or pleasure I got out of life was going to come with a heavy dose of guilt and sadness. I wasn't wrong... it always came without fail. 

And this is why knowing what I know about my destiny, I know that the "high" that this world gives is absolutely empty. Over time, you will realise how the thundering applause and praise of men like the thunderous sound of the gavel against the sound block, screams: death!

This high may be obtained by stepping on toes, cunning craftiness, or from genuine hard work... but the thing is, you always have to "play a game" to stay on top of the mounting. You are always watching your back, counting on the trust of men to help you maintain that spot and you are willing to do whatever it takes to stay on the mountain. 


The authentic high is the height that God gives you. 
This "high"  is authentic because you are on it with the full assurance of Heaven behind you, backing you. The authentic high is one that is birthed from a place of surrender. 
Where you know that all that you are and have is because of God through Jesus and you are completely aware of His Spirit's help in your life. 
You are unafraid to go as high as you can because you know Who you are going with and you are aware that no matter the highest mountain you climb, He remains the summit where your feet tread. So, you need not push anyone over the mountain so you can maintain the position. 

Peace and deep fulfilment live on this high. 

And so as you go about your life's journey and your ambitions and aspirations grow, I just want you to make sure you make the right choice about the quality of the life you want to live on that mountain and who you want to be on that mountain with. 

See you at the top. 





Comments

  1. The view from "The Authentic High" is deeply fulfilling.

    I've spoken to a few "successful" people (they've done well in their professions, have achieved great feats), and interestingly they all at a point ask themselves "so what next?"; a question triggered from a place of "unfulfilment", having realised that the very things they believed would bring deep satisfaction left them feeling dissatisfied.

    Like you aptly put it, the sole determinant for your fulfilment or otherwise, for whether the view from your "high" would be deeply satisfying or not, is really the trail you used to make it to the top. I believe God's trail leads to that "Authentic High" you speak of, with a view/taste of success that is deeply satiating. Other trails may come with a sense of achievement albeit fleeting, and leave you asking "so what next?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Your comment is appropriate for our IG caption for this post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us