Skip to main content

Day 7: Masterpiece

There is a concept in chemistry known as the ideal gas equation. Not to get scientific over here (I do get there sometimes LOL) but this concept assumes that in a container, the volume of gases remain negligible and the gases have no interactions with each other.

Now there is another theory which suggests that assuming the container the gas occupies is small, it is impossible to ignore the volume of the gas and definitely, there will be some level of interaction amongst the gases.

In essence, the lesson from this illustration is, although there is an ideal way a substance ought to behave, certain external influences tend to affect the expected behaviour.

 

What does this have to do with today’s reflection, madame?

Starting life as a Christian came with a number of ideal expectations. We are blessed with a myriad of Christian examples of peoples’ walk with the Lord and oftentimes, we seek to model our relationships after theirs.

We see:
Ideal ways to commune with God…
Ideal ways to walk with God…
Ideal ways to do a lot of things…

And so all our lives, we find ourselves trying to measure up with this individual’s way of living because we assume that’s the only way.

We fail to realise that as uniquely as each one of us was created, our walk with the Lord is equally as unique and peculiar to us. When God sees you, He sees YOU. Not John, not Samantha, not Ekua and certainly not Joseph. He sees you.

Mind you, it doesn’t mean skip reading or studying your Bible, having your Quiet Time, spending time fellowshipping with the Lord, skipping fellowship with the brethren or soaking in some good sermons. Certainly not what I mean. These are avenues which help us in our walk with the Lord and help us become more and more like Jesus.

  I want to draw our attention to the simple fact that the people whose walk with God we so admire and for which reason we are so bending over backwards to become like are not us. They don’t have our genetic composition, our schedule and their purpose certainly differs from ours.

We are not in their lives to see everything for what it truly is.

My question really is, why are you trying so hard to be someone you are not? You are a Masterpiece.

1Peter 2:9 says you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation a people for His own possession; that you may show forth the excellence of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

I am asking that you don’t be too hard on yourself.

I am asking that you seek God concerning your walk and relationship with Him and ask Him how your walk should be like?

Take it from someone who as struggled to have the perfect relationship with the Lord. Bending over backwards to fit a particular construct of how my walk or routine with God should be like.

Remember what I shared yesterday on “the perfect start”? (please check it out here) God really cares about our walk with Him and is committed to making our relationship with Him work. God bless you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us