Skip to main content

March 4th - My love for the Priesthood


I wrote this article on January 28th of this year and I have been holding on to this for a while...

Enjoy the read.


My name is Mary Magdalene. I am Roman Catholic. I am a female and I love the Priesthood.

When I became a Mass Server in 2007, I was asked if I wanted to be a nun. I said no; I wanted to be a Priest. The first female Priest in the world and I was willing to petition the Pope if that was what it would take to become one.

My spiritual director, at that time, told me I could still opt to be a nun and set up my own congregation if that was what I wanted. That was not what I wanted.

Growing up, I sense a deep desire to be a wife to a man and a mother to as many sons as I would have… and maybe a daughter, if the Lord wills it. And yes, the more the years, the more I still want to be a priest. I want to do the work of God more and more. Yes, I want to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. Yes, like John, I want to mend the net. This is my father’s business and my food is to do the will of The One Who sent me.

I am reading a book titled, God Is A Matchmaker” by Derek and Ruth Prince and I have come across the concept of celibacy. I am pondering on this concept when I realize that Daddy (God) equips some men (and women) to tow the path of celibacy for the sake of His purposes for them and for His creation.
I look at Peter (the rock, the one on whom the church is built) and I remember that Peter was not unmarried. In fact, some of the Apostles of Jesus Christ, the pillars on whom the church rests, were married men who travelled to share the Good News, after Jesus’ ascension, with their wives.

I am thinking… I am asking myself a lot of questions…

Okay, this is my concern.

I believe that the young men in my church must understand some things. I believe that we have the responsibility to make them aware that they all don’t have to sacrifice marriage in order to do the work of God.

You see unless the Lord build the house, they labour in vain those who build it. If the Lord does not specially equip one to become celibate for the sake of His purposes, those who tow that path walk in perpetual frustration. Here I was, trying to establish a covenant with the Lord when He showed me through the Book of Exodus that for me to get the boldness to want to do such a thing means that I am sure of my ability to keep that pact with the Almighty and Sovereign Lord. But this, no matter how noble, is flawed because in this case, I am assuming that I am able and I know it all… but I don’t know. It is He Who establishes covenants with His people. It is He Who equips us with His Holy Spirit to remain in covenant with Him and to do His will.

We must teach young men in the church to know that we need Priests. Yes, we need Priests in our homes. We need Priests who, as fathers, will lift up the name of Jesus in their homes and be shining examples of fatherhood to their seed. We need Priests who will teach their sons and daughters the Word of God and establish God’s Kingdom in their Homes. We need Priests who will understand their role, as husbands, to love and tend the gardens the Lord has placed them in… their wives.
We need to let them understand what it means for the family to be termed as the smallest unit of the Church. We need Priests who will understand that in marriage, they will do more work for God than in thinking that they would if they sacrifice the love or desire they have for marriage and for companionship with a woman. This love is a Gift of God. Obedience to God’s call for fathers and husbands who are priests is better than sacrifice.

I am not against men choosing the path of celibacy to become Priests. This is also a Gift of God. I only want the young men in my church to know that our homes need priests who are fathers and husbands as well…

There are men with a genuine desire to work for God, to lift up the name of Jesus, to do His will and to teach others about Him, to preach about Him and to share His love with mankind. We must keep this fire in the hearts of our young men alive and we must teach them that they can still be married to the right partner and do so much more for God than they ever thought possible. You just must have faith that God Is able to do with you more than you could ever imagine. Please, do not confine Him only to the box of the Priesthood to make that happen.

You can yell at me, you can speak against me, you may call me ignorant but in your heart of hearts, you know I speak the truth.

I don’t want the zealous young men in my church to tow the path of perpetual frustration…yes, you can be a priest in your home and still be an awesome father and a loving husband.
Peace.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us