Skip to main content

January 29th - Testimony

This month has been busy for me because I am getting my research paper done.
Sometimes, I like to focus my energy on getting a particular task done to the extent that I shut out all other engagements or commitments till I am through with that particular task. 

My confession and testimony are as follows:

Over the past two weeks, I had not actively had my quiet time. Whenever I woke up, I would quickly get to work on my research work. Yes, I prayed. Yes, I listened to sermons and I went to church but I wasn't placing Him first. 
Also, I wasn't going for rehearsals and Thursday Mass because I had to get my work done. I just didn't put Jesus first. 
I prioritized my thesis above Him and in my defense, I would tell myself that He would want me to focus on this now. 


The thing is, though I was getting my work done, I knew there had to be a better way. By the Mercy of God, on Saturday, I resolved to calibrate. 

When I woke up today, I went straight to shower and then I took my Bible, my notebook and my pen and I had my quiet time. Afterwards, I ate breakfast and then I went straight to get my work done. 

Friends, I kid you not, the joy, peace and fulfillment I had were beyond my wildest imaginations. I fed from God's word and I was filled enough to face my day. In all the weeks I had started writing my thesis, never had I had such clarity in my work. Holy Spirit showed me what to do and how to get it done.  

Today, I watched as He ordered my steps and showed what to do at each step. Because, by God's Grace, I had started my day with Him, that made it easy for me to call on Him whenever I was losing my focus or when I didn't know what to do today.

Another thing is, due to the academic paper I am writing, I haven't been able to really post on the blog like I would. But the strange thing is, during the day, He placed a topic on my heart which I had to type right away. Writing that post was so stress-free (you see, I know this Is God when it is so easy to get the message out without struggle).
Yesterday, I tried writing something and I was stuck. But today, He gave me a message plus an ease of writing to go along with it. 

All these happened because I put Him first. 

What more can I say?
When we seek Him first and place Him at the top of our priorities, He adds to us all that pertains to our lives here on Earth even to eternity.

Oh, praise the Lord with me!

Comments

  1. I share in this testimony as I have experienced Him, as far as, me being the only student in my class... "a program mate" like never before

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriously, I would easily m

Day One: Daddy's secret place

For weeks now, prior to today, I have heard the same message from different preachers. Not to say that I deliberately went looking for them but these kept resounding in my ears and in my spirit. God Is Good. God Is Great...and He loves me. I believe that He wants to speak to me. He wants to share His heart with me. I need Him too. I need the fullness He brings. I want to find that secret place Psalm 91 talks about. I believe I will find Him. I believe that I will know Him. I believe I will never be satisfied and that I will need more and more of Him as I seek Him. I pray that you find Him and dwell in Him as you thirst for intimacy with Jesus also. I believe there is Grace available for this. May God grace you to seek Him. In Jesus'name, amen <Yesterday, I made two friends...Jennifer and her son, Enock. Kindly say a prayer for them today...as led to by Holy Spirit>