Skip to main content

PAYING THE PRICE

Hello there,

It has been a while :)
How are you doing today? 
I am blessed by God's Grace. 

On my way to work today, I was listening to a sermon a friend sent me by Pastor Michael Essel on "Maintaining spiritual fervor". The audio brought my attention to a question I had been asking myself for months... "what is this price I must pay?"

You see, since a while back, I have heard preachers say that there is a price to pay in order to grow in Christ. Yes yes, Jesus Christ paid it all but I (or we...) have a role to play also. 

My understanding from what Pastor Michael Essel said is that being new Christians, Holy Spirit has been given to us in full measure but as we grow in our Christian journey, we have to be intentional about Holy Spirit finding or having full expression in our bodies/lives. 

...and this takes work... and a lot of sacrificing to make that happen...

This sacrifice...or price varies per individual... we all know what our prices are... if we will be honest with ourselves.

But you know what?
I believe we can pay the price because there is sufficient grace available for us to pay the price.

It first takes a willingness and a readiness to pay the price. Are you willing? If yes, are you ready?

After that is sorted, it is time to pray and ask Daddy to anoint you with the needed grace to make that sacrifice... chale... it can be hard but remember... GRACE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS...ask.

After that is sorted, start being intentional about laying that sacrifice on the altar daily... you know what? That sacrifice is you first. Your willingness to die to self and your desires to do those things that bring pleasure to you instead of to God. 

"Oh Lord, please help us die daily. In Jesus' precious name."

Let the saints say, "Amen". 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us