Skip to main content

Day twenty-five: not condemned

I had a very interesting day today.

God has been faithful to me and I give Him the praise.

This is my testimony:

Before hitting the sack yesterday, I was contemplating between staying at home and having alone time with Jesus or going to church to fellowship with the brethren.
I woke up and I quickly began ironing my parents' clothes for first Mass. I made up my mind to go to church instead (staying at home could tempt me to work on other assignments in addition to spending alone time with Jesus and I didn't want that).
I had an overwhelming sense to speak in tongues...I could feel the urge welling up inside of me.

I assisted mummy to get ready and then I was left alone in the house (I planned to attend the second Mass).
I inserted my drive and started worshiping as I was taking care of my chores.
After a while, I was getting late for church and I was in a bit of a rush.
I wanted to cut short my chores when in my heart, I heard, 'but you can still proceed with the chores and by so doing, spend time with Me.' So, I went ahead and completed what I had to do. 
I left home for church at the time when Mass was scheduled to commence.
I thought I was super late. To my surprise, I was right on time. Mass started late and this hardly hardly happens! Hahahahaha....no time is wasted in the presence of Jesus. Hallelujah!

Now, in church, the Gospel reading for the day was taken from the Book of John 3:14-21.

John 3:14-21 English Standard Version (ESV)

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.[a]
For God So Loved the World
16 “For God so loved the world,[b] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

I was struck by the 17th verse (highlighted above) which tells me that Daddy did not send Big Brother Jesus to condemn us but that through Him, the world might be saved. Ohhh my dear! We haven't been condemned. Before encountering Jesus, He hadn't condemned us. This now explains why the lady who had been caught in adultery wasn't condemned by Jesus. The Bible does not record Jesus talking against the lady or lashing out at her for what she had done.

You see, Jesus Christ did not come to earth with judgement in His heart concerning us. He came to save us. He came to save you. He came to save me.

Let us note, however, that whenever we hear of Jesus Christ and His love for us and reject this love by refusing to believe, we place ourselves in the position of condemnation.

Before we encounter Him, we aren't condemned.
But when we refuse to receive His truth after we have been told of it, then we are condemned. Why? Because we have thrown His love back in His face and rejected the Father's love.

Beloved, there is a time coming when all those who have rejected His love will undergo His judgement. That will be a terrible day. 

Let me share with you a story in the Scriptures concerning a certain rich man and a poor man called Lazarus:
Luke 16:19-31 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. 20 And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21 who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side.[a] The rich man also died and was buried, 23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. 24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.’27 And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house— 28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”


Are you seeking God?
Do you feel that you are too 'filthy' to stand before A Holy God?
Do you feel that you are too 'sinful' and that Jesus will reject you?
No, He won't. Come to Him. You are not condemned. Come to Jesus. He IS waiting for you. He wants to save you. And He will, if you let Him.

Give Him a chance in the day when He can be found.
Lest the time when you will cry and cry so hard for Him and not find Him. 
Remain blessed.

Love, 
Sharing Life.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all fig