Skip to main content

Day thirty-three: there is no substitute for diligence

God speaks. I kid you not.

Lately, the voice of God to me has been on the subject of 'diligence'.

Most times, when interacting with people, I sense in their utterances, the thought that I am doing a lot. Honestly, I am under-performing. 

One of my struggles in my Christian walk had to do with putting in the work.
In my defense, I most often say that I am weak.

You know, the truth is that when I think upon the attitude I need to develop in seeking God, I get overwhelmed because humanly speaking, I cannot do that much.

Anyway, I was reading the Book of Isaiah today, and I came across this piece of the Scripture in Isaiah 65:21 (KJV):
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.

What drew my attention was the fact that never did Daddy say that I will build the house and they will inhabit it or did He say that He would plant the vineyards for them and cause them to eat.

I saw in this Scripture a fundamental principle which I had failed to grasp for a very long time:

YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE WORK, baby.

Let me share with you a few thoughts I typed down whiles reading on my Bible App (the YouVersion)

"The blessings of God do not give room for laziness. Daddy does assure us that if we carry out the mandate of production, He will bless the work of our hands. He blessed the one who BUILDS to inhabit. He blessed the one who PLANTS to reap the fruits thereof. If we are willing to be diligent, He will bless every work of ours. Of course, according to His will. The blessing, though, is that unlike the past where we had to do the heavy-lifting all by ourselves, now, we have Holy Spirit indwelling in us. This means that we can, with Him and by Him, put ten thousand to flight. Amen. Diligence has no substitutes."

Beloved, there is no substitute for diligence. 

This is hard work but with Holy Spirit, I believe we can do exceedingly and abundantly above all we can ever ask or think according to the power working in us. Holy Spirit IS that Power.

God bless us all.

For further reading:

Isaiah 65:21-23
Ephesians 3:20-21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all fig