Skip to main content

Day thirty-six: The norm isn't our way.



This week, I am learning to be careful of unguarded statements.

There are those statements that I have made in the past which have influenced a lot of my actions. 
We must be very vigilant and careful of our utterances because they have the ability to imprison us. 
Some statements I had made about my life put me in a place where I thought they would surely come to pass. This bothered me a lot of times and prevented me from embracing change. The truth is, sometimes, these flashes recur but to God's Glory, I am learning to be deaf towards them and I move on as if nothing happened. 
Also, I have come to realise that some members of the Kingdom sometimes make statements and accept certain things as normal although these statements are not our reality as believers.

So we hear that some people have ‘fallen’ in their faith walk and because of this, we have come to accept it as the norm where we believe that our walk must be characterised by rising and falling, like someone's heartbeat on an electrocardiogram.

Beloved !!!

Yes, people fall but that does not make falling the acceptable norm of our Christian walk. 

I am pushing for a change in mindsets my dear; our minds must be renewed by the washing of the Word. Does God’s Word not tell us that the path of the righteous is like sun that shines unto the perfect day? Yes, it takes great discipline and 'yieldedness' to get to this point but does that mean it is unattainable? 
C'mon.

The fact that things may not be functioning in the way they should is not enough reason to classify them as the 'norm'. 
So, I realise that I have a problem with being on time but does this mean I should accept lateness as my reality?
Yes, believers are falling sick and going through a lot but is this our reality as Kingdom-dwellers? 
What I am noticing is that many of us proclaim Christ but live according to the Wisdom of the World. I make that mistake too. 

Look, we are not earth dwellers but Kingdom-dwellers. We need to be alert lest we find ourselves in quagmires where we make certain proclamations and accept certain things as normal when the Word of God says the exact opposite.

Look inwardly… I believe you have made such a mistake as I have in the past. For how long are we going to accept these things? For how long are we going to entertain the devil? I believe there is Grace available for us to be wise enough to accept what Daddy’s Word says as our norm and not what the wisdom of this world says should be our norm.

With love,
Sharing Life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all fig