Skip to main content

Daddy, where did the lioness go?

Daddy, where did the lioness go?

I was a fighter when I was young.

I never backed out of a fight.

I was competitive, Father.

Remember how I attacked the sports in junior high?

Remember how I always voiced out my opinions without fear?

I never cared what others thought of me.

I never minced words and I never cared what the repercussions of my utterance were.

But, Father, where did this lioness go?


Remember how I attacked life?

I never backed down.

I was a go-getter!

Daddy, where did the lioness go?


I want her back.

This softness, I do not like.

I have become relaxed... too relaxed, in my opinion.

Is this Your will?

Is this who You want me to be now?

If yes, then have Your way.

Just know that if it isn't, then please, bring her back.

...in greater fervour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...