Skip to main content

Dear Future Husband

Dear future husband…
If you see me typing using Times New Roman font instead of MV Boli, then you should know that I really mean business…lol

Baby, I will not deny the fact that you have been missed!
But at the same time, I am very very very glad that you are not here… yet.

Do not get me wrong baby

But the truth is, your absence has helped me greatly in my relationship with Daddy.
By your absence, I have learnt the most valuable thing in life… a relationship with the Only One Who really cares about me and can keep my heart safe.

There have been many many many times that I have sought a shoulder to cry on…many times.
There are those little secrets that no one knows about me that I have wanted to tell someone…
There have been those times when I have needed someone to laugh about something with…
There have been those days when I just needed someone around…
There have been those days…

…had you been here, that person would definitely have been you…
Good as it may seem, it is not entirely good.
Why?
Because you are human…and you may not be able to bear the weight of some of my tears…

But thank you so much baby,
Why?

Because, your absence brought me closer and closer to Daddy.
He blessed me with the gift of His Holy Spirit.
He blessed me with the best Confidante I could ever wish for.
He blessed me with the Only One Who can really protect my heart…Himself.
I am safe because I know He IS the Only Constant in my life; He will never leave me and He will never forsake me…for anything.

Baby, do not get me wrong.
It is not that I do not want you to come… (you will come when Daddy deems it time)
But, I want you to note this baby, that as long as I live, He will forever be my priority.
You will have my heart…only because He has it first and He, will give it to you.

Thank you for this foundation which will never...ever be taken away from me ❤



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriously, I would easily m

Day One: Daddy's secret place

For weeks now, prior to today, I have heard the same message from different preachers. Not to say that I deliberately went looking for them but these kept resounding in my ears and in my spirit. God Is Good. God Is Great...and He loves me. I believe that He wants to speak to me. He wants to share His heart with me. I need Him too. I need the fullness He brings. I want to find that secret place Psalm 91 talks about. I believe I will find Him. I believe that I will know Him. I believe I will never be satisfied and that I will need more and more of Him as I seek Him. I pray that you find Him and dwell in Him as you thirst for intimacy with Jesus also. I believe there is Grace available for this. May God grace you to seek Him. In Jesus'name, amen <Yesterday, I made two friends...Jennifer and her son, Enock. Kindly say a prayer for them today...as led to by Holy Spirit>