Skip to main content

DAY FOUR: UNDERSTANDING THE AGAPE

Welcome to day four of our forty-day retreat and reflections.

I want us to reflect on the Agape love of God.

Shall we please read the thirteenth chapter of Paul's first letter to the Corinthians: "If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
I have personally desired to understand the depth of the Agape love of Our Father. The Holy Spirit led me to this part of Scripture to broaden my understanding. 
My dear, God is Patient, He is Kind. 
He does not envy because He created all things and He owns all things.
He does not boast- He only boasts in His fellowship with His children. 
God honours us, He seeks to make His children happy and loved. Daddy doesn't get angry at us easily. 
He desires that we come back to Him when sin draws us back. Hence, He quickly wipes out our dirty slate and gives us a clean one every time we return to Him. 
God doesn't lie- He said that He is not man, that He should lie. 
God protects His children. 
God trusts His children. 
He always hopes that all of mankind would desire to know the depth of His Love and have intimacy with Him.
God always perseveres: He never gives up on us- even when we give up on ourselves!

He wants you and me to know that this world will pass away. 
All the material things we've clung on will pass away: for for they are temporal. 
Our friends and family will leave us and maybe forsake us at a point in our lives.

...but as for Him...

His love for You and me will never die. 
He assures us that his love for you and me is Unconditional and Unchanging! 

He is Love personified. There is no God without Love and there is no Love without Him. 
Amen... 

Please believe and receive this precious gift of God: His Love!

It will sustain you.

Please don't forget that as you continue to have fellowship with His Holy Spirit of Truth, He will teach You more about who Our Father is.

God bless you!

It's still #SHARINGLIFE.

Let's keep on sharing...

And Hey.... Happy Vals day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day eleven: The Authentic Hgh

This morning, I was pondering over a video Tabitha Brown posted on instagram  a few days ago ( link here ). In her video, she was talking about how people were always sending her Dms to tone down on how much she speaks of Jesus in all her work. She said a lot of meaningful things which you will find in the link I have attached.  My Quiet Time last week Friday was sourced from Timothy 4:8 which reads " For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,  holding promise for both the present life  and the life to come. " It was a super "Aha" moment for me because I found a scripture from the Bible which assures me that I will profit a great deal from my resolve, to live for God, both in the now life and in the life which is to come. How cool is that?!  Now that the premise for today's post has been laid, let me tell you what the authentic high is all about. This is going to get personal... it is the only way I can properly relay the mes

February 17th - ...but We used to be friends....

Have you ever felt tears well up in your chest so hard and heavy that you know you could easily burst into heaves of tears in any given moment? I had one of such moments today.  The first reading at Mass today was from the Book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 and there is a portion that talks about how accursed is the man who puts his trust in man and in his own strength. It talks about the dryness such a man encounters and how this man will never see prosperity.  I was convicted by this Scripture because it showed so clearly that the condition of my heart has been like one of such a man. Why am I saying so? Aside getting my second degree, I am trying to be intentional about my Spiritual growth and about music ministry in church. Basically, I am trying to be intentional about becoming.  ("Becoming" is the expression I give to my quest to attain my fullest expression as His daughter).  ...but that has just been the problem... "I am trying to become"  Having th

Day One: One Good Turn Deserves Another

It feels so good to come back to writing,  especially for this series! The 40-day reflections have been the most intensive seasons of my writing life. It is beautiful to observe how in the beginning, the writings seem rusty and then as they days go by, they begin to flow freely.  After such a long break, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes the experience but hey, miracles happen every day! Praise the Lord! Today, I am sharing on kindness: There is this saying, “ One Good Turn Deserves Another ”, which in simple terms means:  if someone does you a favour, you should take the chance to repay it . If you live by this proverb, you may do good to others with the expectation that when it is your turn to be shown such kindness, it is reciprocated in an equal or greater measure.  I’m not sure that’s entirely a good posture for us as believers. I’m reminded of the piece of Scripture in which Jesus asks us to particularly do good to those we know will be unable to repay us