Skip to main content

30 things I love about you: pt. 4-6

Hiii! It’s me again. Now to the next set of things I love about you: 

4. I love how you push me to not allow people rush me. 

I remember that one time in Papaye Osu when I had not yet made up my mind as to what meal I wanted. The lady at the counter was calling me to place my order because I was the next in line to be attended to. I was in such a rush to order just anything because I felt I was delaying the lady. Just when I was about to say just anything, you held me and asked why I felt compelled to place the order. I told you it was because the lady was slightly getting impatient. You pulled me to the side and said to the lady that we weren’t ready to order and so she should go ahead to serve those after us. You admonished me not to allow people rush me into things when I know I am not ready. Since that time, I often have that moment in mind when I feel like people are trying to rush me with their timelines.

5. I love the way you see me. 

I love the way you see me. I love the fact that you don’t only see me in the now but in the future as well. One of the things I love about you is your deep sense of awareness of who I am. Sem, believe me when I say that most of the men who came into my life were mostly concerned about the value I brought into their lives. They wanted me in their life because of what my presence in their lives would do for them in business, life, career, ministry, etc. No one ever said to me, “I see who you are and who you are destined to be, and I am committed to partnering with the Lord to bring it to pass.” No one. Thank you for exemplifying this, babe. 

6. I love your friendship. 

I love the fact that I knew you as a friend first. I truly appreciate those moments when I have said to you, “I need my friend” and you have put your “friend cap” on for me. I appreciate the fact that I can talk to you about everything and anything. Yes, I want you to be pleased with me but there is no reason to hide anything or to put up a front when it comes to you. Thank you for being my friend. 

I pray ABBA’s continued blessings over you, babe. I love you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...