Skip to main content

Daughter of the King by Jamie Grace ft. Morgan Harper Nichols

[Verse 1: Jamie Grace]
They tell me I'm too young
Tell me I'm not beautiful
I'm not good enough
I'm not worth anything at all
They tell me I dream too much
I got my head in the clouds
Maybe I'm just hoping
For something better than what I see now
A world where every girl knows

[Chorus 1: Jamie Grace]
The Maker of skies, the Maker of seas
The Maker of every beautiful thing
He made you, He made you too
The mountain high, the river wide
He tells the sun when to set and rise
And He made you, He made you too
You're a daughter of the King
So tell me, what does that make you?

[Verse 2: Morgan Harper Nichols]
So put your shoulders back
Don't you know that you're beautiful
You don't gotta tell 'em that, no
Just walk around like you know
And if you see our sister (if you see our sister)
Looking like she forgot
Like her dreams got crushed
You better remind her

[Chorus 1: Morgan Harper Nichols]
The Maker of skies, the Maker of seas
The Maker of every beautiful thing
He made you, He made you too
The mountain high, the river wide
He tells the sun when to set and rise
And He made you, He made you too
You're a daughter of the King
So tell me, what does that make you?

[Bridge: Jamie Grace & Morgan Harper Nichols]
I'm sorry if nobody ever told you (ever told you)
Or treated you like it wasn't true (it wasn't true)
But dark or light thin or wide
You are precious in His sight
And He loves you
He really loves you
So I gotta tell you
I just got to tell you

[Chorus 2: Jamie Grace & Morgan Harper Nichols]
The Maker of skies, the Maker of seas
The Maker of every beautiful thing
He made you, He made you too, yeah
The mountain high, the river wide
He tells the sun when to set and rise
And He made you, He made you too, ohh yeah
You're a daughter of the King
So tell me, what does that make you?
You're a daughter of The Most High King
So baby, what does that make you?

You can listen by clicking the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-spC-Ps3Uw

Comments

  1. Q: So tell me, what does that make you?
    A: ....A PRINCESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q: So tell me, what does that make you?
      A: ....A PRINCE

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...