Skip to main content

AC-BC

Hello guys, before I get to today's post, please accept my deepest apologies for not sharing life moments with you in the past month. 

I am learning that if I choose to wait for the perfect moment or setting to get important things done, I will never get around to doing anything. 

I am a work in progress and I recall something Pastor Benji said some years ago: we don't have to start afresh; we continue from where we left off. 

So here I am, continuing from where I left off, and hoping you can forgive me too... 

So today's AC-BC post, here we go... 

This morning, something interesting happened in the bathroom. 
I was reflecting on something I had done when I was in secondary school. 
I remembered how some seniors and even classmates would hear my name and say, "that girl" or something unpleasant about me. 

The moment the thought crossed my mind, the question that sprung up in my heart was, "Was that before I knew Christ or after I met Christ?" In other words, BC-AC.  

You see, the devil is funny. 
he has a way of keeping us locked in our past by condemnation. 
So you made some bad choices in the past... and so what? 
Regardless, you made the greatest decision, which is giving your life to Jesus. 

And because you are in Christ, you are a new creation. 
Old things are gone and all things have become new. 
There is no condemnation for you in Christ Jesus. facts only. 

Like the famous Sammy once said, "The past is not the present" anymore. 
All things have become new. 

Believe me, even now, I make mistakes. 
I do things and I ask myself, "Oh, why did you do this?" 
I question my actions too. 
But one thing I do, by the Grace of God, is to remind myself of ABBA's word which tells me I am His righteousness, I am loved, I am not condemned and once I confess, my sins are wiped away and ABBA remembers them no more. My nature is different.

Friend, do not let the devil keep you locked in his trap. 
There is no truth in him, for real. 

My quiet time today was from Colossians 3:9 which admonishes us not to lie because we have stripped ourselves off our old nature and its practices. 
This is a consciousness we must constantly keep: the daily reminder that we are not the same people we were before we encountered Christ and even though we are now in Him, no matter the mistake we make, we are still not the same people we were before we encountered Christ. 

And that, my friend, is the absolute truth.

God bless you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...