Skip to main content

Day five: Maintaining excitement

Is it just me or have you attended a programme, read a good book or had a massive encounter that has gotten you super excited about life and your future but have after a few hours or days lost that “excitement”?

 

You have? Oh cool, you get me.

 

I am taking stock of my life in all my years on earth and I see that I have gathered steam and momentum on so many occasions and have lost the same steam on a few more.

But why is that so? How does one maintain this steam/momentum/excitement?

 

By striking the metal while it is hot!

 

I have seen that when you catch the excitement of a prospect or of a new venture or possibility, it is very essential what you do within the first few minutes or hours that you catch it.

In other words, set something in motion right away.

Because once you do, it is oftentimes very had to turn back. Stick your foot into the room!

 

If only I could tell you the number of good ideas and intentions I have left to go cold because on so many occasions, I left for tomorrow, what I knew could be done in that day… or in that moment.

 

Do not be like my past.

 

I see that in order to “strike when it is hot”, I have to be super aware of myself in that moment. Seize every emotion. Be aware of what the next step is. That is the first key component of maintaining excitement.

 

Have you been like me? What are you doing to maintain excitement?







Comments

  1. Thissssssss!!!!! The temptation to procrastinate and to defer the 'action' to later is super risky. I've also realise the need to be careful who you share the excitement with at the material moment. The slightest negative/'unencouraging' remark can kill the excitement instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally true! I remember how I forwent my first real business idea because of a naysayer. sometimes the loss can be pretty damaging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...