Skip to main content

January 2nd - the thing about love

In June of 2018, I decided to study the concept of Love. One of the things I learnt is that love is not love without the element of choice.

Daddy's love for us is evident in the power He gives us to either accept or reject his Love.

I love the movie, "The Shack" because it answers the question," Why do bad things happen to good people?" The core of the answer to this question is the element of CHOICE. 

Beloved, God loves us all. He made us in His image and He tells us that even if our earthly mothers will forget us, He won't. Even as He loves us, He doesn't force us to love Him back. He allows us to make that decision ourselves. 

The thing about love is that choice is a very important thing...

I have learnt that in our human relationships, we cannot stop people from loving us or falling in love with us but we have a choice to make whether to accept that love or not to accept it. 

An important key I have learnt and am still learning is not to make a choice to accept one's love because he/she gives it. Rather, I must accept the love of another because I am willing to give it back. 

Love gives.

Love is a choice you make. At the same time, loves calls on us to place on our shoulders, garments of selflessness as we think of the other person. 

As a young lady, I am learning that the fact that love is thrown at me does not mean I must accept them all. I must make the choice based on what God has said and on who I am (Daddy's verdict Is the final say). Also, the choice must be made on my readiness to risk giving love to the person and on the willingness to give in an equal measure or even more.

Selah...

Comments

  1. "An important key I have learnt and am still learning is not to make a choice to accept one's love because he/she gives it. Rather, I must accept the love of another because I am willing to give it back." ---This part is gold for me.
    Thanks, God's errand girl, for sharing so liberally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...