Skip to main content

Day five: where have you been planted?

Growing up, I sometimes would wonder why Daddy would place me in the earthly family I find myself in.

In my spiritual growth also, I have found myself asking the same question: why did You place me in the church I find myself in?

I have experienced other church atmospheres aside my home church and the truth is, sometimes I entertain the thought of pitching my tent in those places.

I attended a friend's church once and in my mind, I had wanted to pay my tithe in that church. Upon thinking about it, I could tell that Holy Spirit was strongly prompting me against it. I wondered why that was so. By God's Grace, I didn't pay my tithe there.

I am so glad I obeyed.

On Friday, I was listening to a teaching by Pastor Michael Todd when he made mention of the "Place" wherein Daddy has placed His children. He made mention of family and church and all the other settings in which we find ourselves.

Honestly, that teaching was a much needed one as it resonated with my spirit.

I am learning to be appreciative of where I believe Daddy has placed me.
I watched a video a week ago on the harness of the Lord. A certain preacher, whose name I can't recall, made mention of how his pastor kept him till he was in His late 40s before he was released. He sited the examples of two horses: one escaped to 'greener pastures' whiles the other remained in the harness. Eventually, there was a drought and when the escaped horse returned, it was all lanky and emaciated whereas the horse that had remained in the harness was well-built and had become a part of the King's chariot.

This illustration really hit me hard and I began to realise that Daddy made no mistake placing me in the family and church community wherein I find myself...absolutely no mistake. Truth is, sometimes, it gets uncomfortable. But, this is where He has placed me and a little bit of discomfort is needed for growth.

God didn't make a mistake placing you in the family you are in currently.
Are you adopted? You are still in Daddy's plan.

Like Paul, I find that to God's Glory, the scales have fallen from my eyes. My eyes have been sharpened to appreciate the people God has given me. I see it as His harness over me.

Lord knows...and I do too that If I had been anywhere else, I would probably have blown up prematurely.

Mind you, I do not regret the experiences I have had in other places and I will not trade those moments for anything in this world. They are all part of the richness that my life's story holds. Glory to Jesus!

In paying your tithe, I will plead that you pay in the church where Daddy has placed you. See, so many preachers in our day preach about the need to sow in fertile soils etc. Where fertile oftentimes mean places where tangible results are seen. Trust me, I believe in this also. But I believe Holy Spirit teaching me that the fertile soil is the place wherein Daddy has placed you. Let's not get it wrong: we can be prompted to do otherwise, depending on Holy Spirit's leading but essentially, where Daddy has placed you has all the fertility you need.

Dear Child of God, have you ever asked yourself and even God, "Father, of all the families in this world, why did you place me in this particular family, church, country or continent?"
Whenever I think on these, I am assured that Jesus has a plan for me...and it will come to pass.

My dear, believe in who you are and who He has made you.
Believe in Whose you are and where He has placed you.
Believe that He has a reason for all things concerning you.

When in doubt about the place you find yourself, don't delay in asking Him. Go to Him and have a dialogue with Him. Perhaps, like Jabez, you may have to pray some prayers.

Blessings,
Sharing Life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...