Skip to main content

I am not a Christian

I gave my life to Jesus in the Senior High School.
Soon afterwards, I was whisked into leadership because I was told that the leaders had received a word from the Lord concerning my nomination. 
I felt I wasn't ready because I was going through some challenges back then. I didn't have self-control when it came to eating and my eating habits were so bad that at a point, my colleague in class and my table-mate embarrassed me pretty well. 
I was told that Daddy had called me, so I went ahead and I accepted the call.

I went to the University and I had this messed up "God-said-you-are-my-wife" relationship that tore me up and led me to denounce God in the process. Then I had the privilege of working for a Reverend Minister who continued to tell me that I needed growth.

I didn't know what that meant...and I sincerely wished someone told me what it meant.
I thought I knew what that meant later on: studying scripture, remembering scripture, keeping a blog, reaching out to people, etc.
But I was wrong.

See, Daddy has been dealing with me on a very deep level...a very deep level.
This partly explains why I have been silent because I don't want to rush on ahead and explain certain events of my life when I haven't come to full understanding of what those seasons or episodes meant.

I was listening to a sermon by Billy Graham titled, "How to live a full-Christian life" and I realised that I haven't been a Christian all my life...for real.

By God's Grace, and through Pastor Billy's sermon, I do accept now that Christianity is a life-long commitment to Jesus Christ. I am not just saying that I am married, but on a real level, I am really married to Him...that is what this commitment means.

And, like any 'serious' relationship, I must MAKE TIME to be with the One I have vowed to be committed to. I see here that it is not about discipline but about a single DECISION to commit and to do everything I can to make sure that there is a sync in Our Spirits. This is very profound for me as I type these words.

As I sit in this swivel chair in the office at 7:14pm, Friday evening, I believe I am okay in this position. 

I see here that this is a matter of perspectives. 
I don't see myself having to discipline myself to be with my husband... it is not a chore that I have to psyche myself mentally for. It is a decision I take to commit no matter what.

I do not know what this single decision will do for me. But, after hearing the stories of many young women who have been in my position, I am hopeful that all things will fall into their proper alignment in time and I will find my Father, find myself, know His voice and find my voice in Him.

Great blessings guys,
Mary Magdalene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...