Skip to main content

3/8 RELAPSE

I got the chance to work for a minister I met in the course of my Songs of Solomon era.
I was kept close to Daddy(God) by work.
Yes, I was working for him and for Daddy but my heart and my mind weren't settled.
I was there physically but spiritually absent... I was doing my job.
I came across a book whiles going through my boss' books. It was titled, 'The dangers of premature exposure'. 
'Could this have been what I went through?', I thought to myself.

Yet...

... I was hurt.
I was furious.
How could he have done this to me...

Anyway, I vowed never to look in the church to find love.
I retreated from the CCR...although I was going to church.

I was no longer passionate about the things of God.
Prophecy was far far from it.

I joined a group on campus... I liked the group.
It pushed me towards the path of liberalism.
I was influenced to be very open-minded.
I realised that I was flowing with the tide.

...care free...

The world tugged at me.
I went for a drink up and I was my old self again...grinding with the boys.

...it was a dark place...

My old self came knocking.
"return to us", she said.
I was in a wrong place.
The inclination to return to the world was so high.
I left campus.
I went to family.
I was scared to take a shower or be left alone in the room.
"Come to me", she said. I almost did...but for one friend, Mr. Theophilus Tuffour who was adamant.

Going back wasn't impossible.
But the emptiness.

I could have returned to the world.
But the fear of the emptiness that would lay it's filthy hands on me held me back!

The emptiness...i didn't want to go through that hollow again...

So I chose to stay.

Well, to stay in the light but not to be of it.

I met this guy in the group.
He was good-looking... the ladies' man.
He had two personalities... I was becoming like him. #lukewarm

The advice from friends to stay away was a lot more than I could fathom.
John said, "Mary no no not this one."
But my attraction to him was great.
He was a bittersweet pill...

The group took almost all of my time.
I was determined to succeed there.

I partially left the music ministry.
I wasn't ready to go back there.
I didn't want to.
(Well, I didn't want to do a solo too...'all the better', I thought to myself)

...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...