Skip to main content

Trust Me and show up

There was a time I felt like Papa would use me when I'd attained some level of experience or something...

Doing ministry has led me to times when I've wanted to run away and hide myself because I felt inadequate.
There have been days when I've sought for a million excuses not to do a task because of fear that I'll make a fool of myself or mess up completely... I guess the honest truth has been the fear that people would realise how much I do not know and tag me as empty.

I'm a crazy woman, I tell you.

I have my days.

I know nothing at all...

I always felt that I should attain some level of *umph* in the things of Papa to be qualified as one who preaches Christ.

I guess that makes me selfish because then it seems like this walk is all about me.

But, it's not so.
I felt that at least, I should be somebody with a track record of killing lions behind the scenes or slaying bears with my bare hands.

In my bid to flee, all Holy Spirit said was...
"Trust me and show up".
"Trust me and go where I send you"
"Trust me and do what I tell you to"

I am learning that for some of us, we'll have to face the lions on the battlefield.
We will gain the experience on the field.

He picked us up and placed us on the field.
There was no time for mock battles in the name of preparation.

We are facing the giants head-on as we grow...all on the field.

Trust me, it is not always rosy.

But Papa hasn't taken me into the part of the field where the fight is hottest...the kind of place where Uriah couldn't stand.

He is still protecting me...as He forever will.
....and after I have learnt what I must in this season, He'll take me to the next phase.

It gets hotter by the season.
Yet, it gets better.

...and like gold, we only become more and more refined by the heat.

It is well ❤

Still,
Sharing Life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...