Skip to main content

A father's love

I was on my way to the central business district of Kumasi to get some items for a project I am currently undertaking.

In the bus I was seated in that morning, there was seated by me a man with a little boy; they were father and son.

I realised that every time the little boy saw anything edible, he wanted his father to get that particular thing for him.

First, he saw ice-cream… he told his dad he wanted it.
He saw sachet water on sale… he cried to his father that he wanted to drink water.
He saw bread and the same thing happened.

At a point, I thought the father would respond to the plea of his son… especially when the little boy was crying of thirst to his father. At that moment, I thought to myself,” This man is mean.”

It was there that Holy Spirit ministered unto me…
The father loved his son… and he wanted what was best for him.
That notwithstanding, it did not change the fact that he had to still protect his child.

Imagine what would have happened if the father had responded positively to every request of the little boy.
He would have been so full with a concoction of so much food that early morning; the child could have easily fallen sick that moment.

Then He showed me… imagine what would have happened if Daddy had answered every prayer request I made?
Don’t you sometimes sit back and thank Dad for not answering some prayer requests you’ve made?

Eventually, the little boy slept. He had forgotten about his requests and he just slept peacefully in his father’s arms.

Holy Spirit told me that when we send in our requests and they delay or are not answered in the way of our expectations, we have two dispositions we can take.

The first is the disposition of despair; where we cry and cry and cry about Daddy’s ‘unfaithfulness’ and ‘unlovingness’.

The second disposition is that of trust; here, we choose to forget about our unanswered prayer and still remain resolute in our walk with Dad. Here, we have the chance to choose to rest in His everlasting love and trust in His timing.

You see, the boy went to sleep… deep sleep.

Holy Spirit showed me that when the time for the little boy to feed comes, it would be the father who would wake him up to eat.
That meaning that in the perfect timing of Daddy, it is He Who will grant us our needs at the time we actually need it… and not at the time we think we need it.

Personally, I look at some prayers I made some years ago, and every time I look back, I am so grateful to Daddy that they never came to pass.

Honestly, it is sometimes difficult seeing the good in an unanswered prayer especially when it is something that means so much to us.

But let’s be honest, Who loves you more than you?
It is our Father in Heaven.

We need to believe in the love of our Heavenly Father for us.

If you have not the tangible experience of this love, please ask His Holy Spirit to help you have that experience… He is only a breath away.

Also, we have to lean on the everlasting arms of our Father in such times… stop fighting your Father because He hasn’t answered your prayers according to your expectations.

He loves you more than you can ever imagine.

His timing is the safest…and it is certainly the best… trust me.


 is ‘lovelessnelol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...