Skip to main content

SOLD OUT!

When I sometimes attend Christian events and I listen to the sermons given (be it long or short), I cannot help but feel uneasy...

why?

Sometimes, you hear the person holding the microphone say something like, "When I was in school, I was so lost in the world; I was living in sin. There were those in school who were seriously active in the things of God and were everywhere talking about Jesus .  But now, those people are no where to be found and I, who was so worldly, am now preaching Christ..." and the testimony goes on and on.

In those days, when I heard words like that, I felt hurt and fear sometimes took the best of me because I was almost always worried whether I would be used by someone as a statistic in a scenario like that.

lemme be a bit clearer.

I feared that someday, someone might say something like the above statement with me in mind. Like, "oh Mary Magdalene who was always making noise about her relationship with Christ is no where to be found."

Most times, I wondered whether I had given my life to Christ so early. 
I often asked myself whether the life I had lived was evil enough or whether I needed to go back into the world to mess up more in order for me to not be like the Christians talked about in those testimonies.

truly... I really wondered about those things.

I used to wonder whether I had given my life to Christ so easily.
I wondered whether I had surrendered my life to the control of God through His Holy Spirit so 'cheaply'.

i guess that explains why in those days, i felt like i was pushing myself  on God so much. 
as though i were forcing Him to like me.

Very recently,  I am learning to allow these kind of people and even preachers to go ahead with their testimonies and for me to let go off the fear.

I am also learning that it is okay to be sold out completely unto Jesus Christ.

I am learning that there is never a thing as so early when it comes to a relationship with Jesus Christ.

I am learning that I have a role to play in making sure that I do not become one of the statistics in those testimonies; I must ensure that I do not become complacent in my walk with the Holy Spirit. 

I am learning not to become so familiar with the Holy Spirit that I overlook His Leadership in my life.

I am learning to dare to be different; I am learning to remain faithful (with the help of the Holy Spirit) in my resolve to accept my calling into a relationship with Jesus Christ.

It is very okay to be sold out for Jesus in this time and at this age. 
There is no point in remaining in darkness when the Light of Christ is ever-present and beckoning you to come closer.  

Don't stop living 'crazy' for Jesus!!!

Trust me...there is no other way...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...