Skip to main content

DAY THIRTY-SIX: STUDENT REPENTANCE

Hello!

It's day thirty-six of our forty-day retreat and reflections.

We are reflecting on student repentance today.

Why this topic today?

Maybe it is because this is where I find myself presently.

There was a time I couldn't help but ask myself why I sometimes felt out of place in school.

I do not mean to say that I am perfect for I am in no way close to perfection.

It's just that after entering into a relationship with Jesus Christ, I realised that my life wasn't mine in the first place, to be living anyhow.

It also took a good friend of mine to re-echo that into my mind when it seemed like I was losing focus.

I am calling all of us to repentance because I sense that it is about time we realised that our living on this Earth has nothing to do with our desires or our pleasures but because of the Primary will of a Sovereign One.

We search our hearts and we see the decay that is hidden in the deepest depths of it...even in the Christian student-body.

It is sad that we find ourselves in school only to compromise on our values and principles which have been passed down to us by godly parents, teachers, and shepherds.

Only God can save us.

That is why He never stopped calling the Israelites back to Himself.

That is the same reason why he sent His Only Son, Jesus Christ, to bridge the gap that was caused by sin.

It gets difficult.
It gets tough.
Sometimes, you just want to bend a little bit.

I believe without a trace of doubt that it is only Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit who can make us the true salt of this Earth and light unto our peers and colleagues.

The Holy Spirit is very able to mold us into God's best.

Repentance comes with a conscious decision and also by guidance from the Holy Spirit through contrition.

You can go back to God if you make up your mind to.

What do you say?

Are you willing?

The Holy Spirit is ever ready to help you out my dear.

God bless you!

It's still #SHARINGLIFE

Don't stop sharing life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...