Skip to main content

DAY THIRTEEN: HUMILITY

Hello and welcome to our thirteenth day!
God bless you for your faithfulness in reflecting with SHARING LIFE.

Whiles praying today, I was prompted on the life of Jesus Christ in relation to the topic for our reflection today.

You see, Jesus Christ was a man of humility.

I believe that when you know who you are, you don't go about claiming things for yourself or trying to prove or disprove the notions of others.

Jesus knew where His home actually is.
He knew that He is King.
He knew He is the fullness of wealth itself.
He knew all that the Scriptures said about Him while on Earth.

He didn't have to prove to anyone that He was mighty or capable of healing the sick or raising the dead.
He only walked in the will of His Father and He did all that we read in the Bible and even more.

Personally, I see pride to be the the actions exhibited by a person who does not know his or her true identity.

When you know who your Father is you don't seek the Glory of men.
When you are aware of your true identity, you do not make it your daily goal to prove to anyone who you are or what you are made of.
When you know who you are, you are as down to earth as you can ever be because you know what you have and make it available for those who do not have.

Ask yourself:
Have my actions indirectly portrayed arrogance?
Do I really know who I am?
Has the knowledge of myself influenced my relationship with others?

If you are not sure of who you are, ask the Holy Spirit to show you as you go through what the Scriptures say about you.

If you're lacking in humility, please ask the Holy Spirit to groom you into a man or a woman of great humility.
Please note that the grooming is not always pleasant thus make it a conscious decision to stick to the grooming process.

It's still #SHARINGLIFE

Remain blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...