Skip to main content

DAY EIGHT: INTERCESSION: BROKEN HOMES

Welcome to day eight.

Have you ever had a friend from a broken home?
Or have you personally been a victim of a broken home?

How was the feeling like?

Growing up, I had a bestfriend from a broken home.
I remember how she'd come to school almost every morning with tears and scars all over her body.
It's sad how her life turned upside down from the effects of the confusion in her home.

To God's glory, she has picked herself up and is working towards her goals. I become very proud of her every time she comes to mind.

Beloved, many are the people who are silently going through heartaches in their homes: they come out full of smiles but behind closed doors, they are going through so much suffering and overwhelming pain.

I want us to passionately intercede for such families in the name of Jesus Christ.
If you know anyone in this kind of predicament you can mention their names as you pray for them.

1. We are asking God to take His rightful place in the homes of such people in the name of Jesus Christ.

2. We are asking God to grant the spouses of such homes an overflow of His Agape love in the name of Jesus Christ!

3. We are asking the Holy Spirit to teach spouses how to correct each other and communicate in love.

4. We are committing all children in such homes in the hands of Jesus Christ. We are asking Jesus to show Himself strong in their lives and be the Lord of their lives.

5. Finally, we are asking the Lord, the Prince of Peace...to let His Peace reign supreme in such families in the name of Jesus Christ!

God bless you for making Intercession for these families.

It's still #SHARINGLIFE.

Let's start sharing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Show up

Two weeks ago, I published a post titled, " Cornerstone " and in that post, I shared how Holy Spirit had thought me about what it means to put Jesus first in seeking Him.  I talked about how by prioritizing time spent with Him, it meant that all the other areas/facets of my life would find their alignment from this one choice.  Today, I bring you updates from this post and a few things to share.  Before I get to it, let me say how grateful I am to God for the Grace to remember this truth and prioritize Him. Honestly, to God be all the Glory.  Last week, I was reading the book of Daniel and in chapter 1, I saw how Daniel and his 3 friends chose to prioritize their devotion to God above what the Babylonian king wanted them to do.  In the chapter, we see how ABBA made them 10x better than their contemporaries.  So today, I want to share Daniel 1: 17-20 "17   As for these four youths,  God gave them learning and s kill in all literat...