Skip to main content

Day fifteen: Testimony Thursday

Hi everyone,

My sincere apologies for not posting anything yesterday. I am very sorry.

Today, I have a testimony to share to God's Glory.

I have a literature review to submit at work. The nature of the task has put me in a state where I am always always thinking about how to accomplish it. It involves a lot of reading and analytic reasoning but my ability to read and effectively assimilate the words have been a problem lately.

I didn't go to the office because I wanted to work from home: working from the office made things difficult...i don't know why.

At home, today, I was still facing the same challenges I was facing at work; inability to understand the articles, tiredness and dozing off. I was sad.

Some minutes after 11am, I didn't know what else to do and in my spirit, i heard, just worship. So, I laid myself in the sofa and I started to make up songs. I also sang worship songs that came to mind. Then I started to fellowship with Holy Spirit. I spoke to Him, made Him aware of my need for Him and in every area of my life. I was reminded of Jesus' words that Holy Spirit Will teach me all things and so I asked Him to teach me how to do any activity that came to mind.

I kept muttering these out till I slept. I woke up some minutes later and I went back to the desk to continue with my work.

My dear, I can't begin to elucidate the level of clarity I have had since then.
Things are adding up and I am hopeful I will be ready by tomorrow. To God be the Glory !!!!

Practical Christian living is what we must do.

I was blessed to be reminded to "just worship" but I ask myself, what would have been my attitude if Holy Spirit hadn't prompted me. Perhaps I would have been walking about in my home shouting "Woe is me!"

Lord, have mercy.

I pray that this serves as a reminder to me and to you as well that when things get tough, our first point of call should be Jesus Christ. I am happy I experienced this. I am so grateful to Jesus.

I pray we get closer to Him...to the point where we unconsciously turn to Him and involve Him in all things. Lord, help us to make You our default Confidante. In Your name we pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go With God

When I started Sharing Life, my intention was to put out what I knew Holy Spirit was teaching me. This was what He asked me to do. It wasn't to parade myself as an all-figured-out girl who was on her way to becoming a preacher.  It was a journey of life I was learning and one which I had received the go-ahead to let the world in on.  Somewhere on this road, I was seen as a "Woman of God" and put on this high and mighty pedestal which wasn't me.  And you know what, in such moments, it is so easy to get carried away by the accolades of men to the point where you lose sight of your journey, where you are and decide to serve the expectations of others... thereby neglecting your own journey and growth.  After taking a very long break from active writing, I have on numerous occasions attempted to start writing again but the fear of being put on that pedestal has stopped me so many times.  I am a child of God. I am a girl on a journey. I don't have it all f...

An Invitation to Intimacy

  I gave my life to Jesus in St. Louis Senior High School.  I am very sure I had gone forward for altar calls many times before that. But St. Louis was different. I was conscious; I was aware of myself and my environment. I knew I needed God in my life. To be honest, the issues of life drove me to take God seriously. A friend had had a dream about her and me and the moment she shared it, I knew I had to let go of the old garment and take on the new. So, I joined the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) meetings and that was where my life changed.  That encounter led me to a great relationship with the Lord. I read the Scriptures (my favourite was the Book of Psalms because I used that to pray a lot). It was in St. Louis I learnt I was never alone (why do you think I support Liverpool FC so much?). I learnt to rely on Him alone.  When I entered the University, I realized a newfound freedom and observed (by the Grace of God) that if I didn’t take my spirituality seriousl...

Thank You October 2025

 As the minutes draw near to mark October's ending, my desire is to etch these memories in time.  October was tough... financially...  But, October taught me what it means to hold on to the Lord Jesus and His Word.  October challenged me to stand and not look for the easy way out.  October taught me to rest in love and not performance.  October taught me that indeed, help comes from the strangest places.  October taught me that ABBA has not forgotten.  October taught me... all in due time.  October taught me to trust.  October spoke to me.  October encouraged me.  October showed me that ABBA speaks and more importantly, that I hear Him and do not miss it...  For someone who has battled with spiritual inferiority complex due to "church" hurt, October held my heart close and showed me I'm not lost.   October touched my heart... maybe that is why I didn't want to watch this day go like any ordinary day...  Octo...